Submit a Nomination
Deadline is July 15, 2022
Nominate yourself or a colleague to be a member of the 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. This is an opportunity to contribute to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2025-2030 development process. A Federal Register notice announced the intent to establish the 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee and invited the public to submit nominations. Nominations must be submitted by 11:59 PM E.T. on July 15, 2022.
Before submitting a nomination, please review these pages:
A nomination package must include the following for each nominee. Only complete nomination packages will be considered.
- Cover letter, including the information outlined in this checklist
- Contact information for individual being nominated and the nominator (if applicable)
- A copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae or resume, limited to no more than 15 pages and including the information outlined in the checklist above.
Nominations may be submitted by email or mail:
- Email: DietaryGuidelines@hhs.gov
- Mail: Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Nominations, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH), HHS; 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 420; Rockville, MD 20852
Nominations will be accepted between June 15 and July 15, 2022, 11:59 PM Eastern Time. Nomination packages sent by mail must be postmarked by July 15, 2022.
Use this checklist to make sure your nomination package is complete.
Interested in sharing the call for nominations with friends, colleagues, and organizations? See more information on how to share this opportunity.
Following this nomination period, HHS and USDA will evaluate all nominees and the Secretaries of HHS and USDA will appoint the 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The Committee will be established to provide independent, science-based advice and recommendations to be considered by HHS and USDA, along with Federal agency input and public comments, as the Departments develop the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2025-2030.
Sign up to receive email updates on the Dietary Guidelines development process and other related news, including future opportunities for public involvement.