About the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee
The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee will review the scientific evidence on specific topics and supporting questions on nutrition and health from birth into older adulthood. The review will begin once the Committee starts its deliberation in March 2019. The Committee will discuss its review of the evidence during approximately five public meetings. Meetings of the Advisory Committee are open for the public to attend.
Additionally, throughout the length of its review over multiple months, the public is encouraged to submit written comments to the Committee related to the topics and supporting scientific questions being examined. The Committee’s work will end when it submits its scientific report to the Secretaries of USDA and HHS.
- See the list of Advisory Committee members.
- See the list of Subcommittees and members.
- View the topics and questions under review.
- Learn how you can submit a written comment.
- Learn more about the public meetings, including how to attend a meeting.
- Learn How USDA and HHS established the Committee.
- Review the charter for the Advisory Committee.