Attend a Meeting of the Advisory Committee
The Departments of Agriculture and Health and Human Services announced the appointment of 20 nationally recognized experts in food and nutrition to serve on the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. The Committee will meet approximately five times to examine the science related to the topics and questions on nutrition and health identified by the Departments. All Committee meetings will be open to the public; two meetings will include an opportunity for the public to provide oral comments to the Committee.
We strongly encourage the public to stay engaged and participate in the Dietary Guidelines development process. One way to do this is by attending public meetings of the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. For your planning purposes, we have provided the meeting dates and host cities for the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee below.*
- Meeting 1: March 28-29, 2019 (Washington, DC)
- Meeting 2: July 10-11, 2019 (Washington, DC)
- Meeting 3: October 24-25, 2019 (Washington, DC)
- Meeting 4: January 23-24, 2020 (Houston, TX)
- Meeting 5: March 12-13, 2020 (Washington, DC)
* Please note these dates are subject to changes. All dates and locations will be confirmed at least 15 days prior to each meeting.
Meetings 2 and 4 will include an opportunity for the public to provide oral comments to the Committee. People who are interested in providing oral comments will need to register. Meeting registration to attend the meeting and/or provide oral comments will be announced at DietaryGuidelines.gov, via the Federal Register, and through our list serv.
Information from past meetings of the 2020 Advisory Committee, including meeting materials and webinar recordings, can be found on the meetings page.