2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Meetings
The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee held six meetings to complete its work. During the first five meetings, the Advisory Committee discussed its review of the scientific evidence and made plans for future Committee work. Prior to submitting the Scientific Report of the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee to the Departments, the Committee held a meeting to discuss and finalize its draft report. All meetings were open to the public to attend either in-person or through webcast.
Please see below for the meeting dates and host cities.*
- Meeting 1: March 28-29, 2019 (Washington, DC)
- Meeting 2: July 10-11, 2019 (Washington, DC)*
- Meeting 3: October 24-25, 2019 (Washington, DC)
- Meeting 4: January 23-24, 2020 (Houston, TX)*
- Meeting 5: March 12-13, 2020 (Webcast only)
- Draft Advisory Report Meeting: June 17, 2020 (Webcast only)
*Meetings 2 and 4 included an opportunity for the public to provide oral comments to the Advisory Committee.
On March 7, 2019, the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee participated in an administrative training to prepare for its Committee work. View the materials from the Administrative Meeting.