2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee: Meeting 3
The 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (Committee) held its third meeting September 12-13, 2023. The following activities occurred during the meeting:
- Members of the public provided virtual oral comments to the Committee for their consideration as they review the current state of nutrition evidence.
- Presentation by the Chair and Vice Chair highlighting the work of the Committee since its second meeting.
- Presentation by the Health Equity Working Group.
- Presentations by each subcommittee and deliberations by the full Committee regarding draft protocol development and draft conclusion statements.
- The Committee developed plans for future work.
Day 1: September 12, 2023
|List of Oral Commenters
Day 2: September 13, 2023
*Meeting materials, including the meeting slides, will be posted to this page once they are available. Please allow up to a month for the presentation slides to be posted.
Continuing Professional Education Credits:
Registered Dietitians (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN), Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTR), and Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered (NDTR) can obtain 1 Continuing Professional Education credit for each hour they view the live or recorded event with a maximum of 8.0 hours available. We recommend that you follow your credentialing process and save a copy of the meeting materials for your files. Please use the link below to learn more about how to obtain your certificate of completion.
Beginning in July, members of the public were invited to register on August 10, 2023, to provide virtual oral comments to the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee during the Committee’s third meeting. All commenters were confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis, and each speaker was given the option to submit a recorded video or present live oral comments. A total of 82 speakers provided oral comments to the Committee based on the allotted time available.