There are multiple opportunities for public participation before, during, and after the Committee’s review of the evidence.
Ways to participate include:
- Provide public comments.
- Attend virtual Committee meetings.
- Sign up for regular updates to stay informed on each step of the process.
- Visit DietaryGuidelines.gov to stay updated.
Submitting Public Comments
The public comment period opens on January 19, 2023, and will remain open throughout the Committee's work to allow for public comment on the Committee’s scientific review throughout the entire process. The public is encouraged to submit written comments to the Committee on topics relevant to its work. Comments to the Committee can be submitted electronically (preferred) or through postal mail.
- To submit an electronic comment, go to our page on Regulations.gov and click on the blue “Comment” box on the top left side of the page to submit a comment. If you have trouble accessing the link, you can also search Regulations.gov with HHS-OASH-2022-0021-0001, the Docket number for this Federal Register notice.
- To submit written/paper submissions, mail/courier to Janet M. de Jesus, MS, RD, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH), HHS; 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 420; Rockville, MD 20852.
All comments submitted are processed before posting. Please do not submit your comment more than once.