What is the relationship between frequency of eating and achieving nutrient and food group recommendations?
Approach to Answering the Question
Data Analysis and Food Pattern Modeling Cross-Cutting Working Group
Data Analysis Protocol
Developed for each scientific question being examined, the protocol describes the plan for how the data analysis will be conducted. The protocol provides the:
- Analytic framework,
- Analytic plan, and
- Analysis results.
Frequency of eating, with and without naming conventions, will be described and evaluated in the following ways:
- Distribution of eating event frequency in a 24 hour period (midnight to midnight)
- Hourly distribution of eating events in a 24 hour period
- Percent of Americans engaging in self-described meals (e.g. breakfast, lunch, dinner) and snacks including beverage events in a 24 hour period (midnight to midnight)
- Time (hour of the day) in which self-described meals and snacks including beverage events are consumed in a 24 hour period (midnight to midnight)
The relationship between frequency of eating and achieving nutrient and food group recommendations will be evaluated in the following ways:
Examined by eating event type with naming convention
- Proportion of daily food group and subgroup intake by eating event type
- Proportion of daily nutrient intake by eating event type
Proportion of total energy intake and select dietary component intakes during defined times of the day is under discussion
This page will be updated with the draft conclusion once it has been developed. Draft conclusions are not considered final until they have been deliberated with and decided upon by the full Committee and published in the Committee’s report.