Describe and evaluate current intakes of food groups and nutrients.
Approach to Answering the Question
Data Analysis and Food Pattern Modeling Cross-Cutting Working Group
Data Analysis Protocol
Developed for each scientific question being examined, the protocol describes the plan for how the data analysis will be conducted. The protocol provides the:
- Analytic framework,
- Analytic plan, and
- Analysis results.
For this question, food group intakes will be described and evaluated in the following ways:
- Mean intakes of food groups and subgroups
- Usual intake distributions of food groups and subgroups
- Food category sources of food group intakes
- Current food group intakes compared to existing food group recommendations
- Changes in food group intakes over time
- Prevalence of reported food groups and subgroups for infants and toddlers (ages birth <24 months)
In addition, nutrient intakes will be described and evaluated in the following ways:
- Mean intakes of nutrients from foods and beverages
- Mean intakes of nutrients from foods, beverages and dietary supplements
- Usual intake distribution of nutrients from foods and beverage
- Usual intake distribution of nutrients from foods, beverages and dietary supplements
- Current nutrient intakes from foods and beverage compared to Dietary Reference Intakes
- Food category sources of nutrient intakes, limited to nutrients of public health concern
- Changes in nutrient intakes over time, limited to nutrients of public health concern
Note: The analytic plan for infants and toddlers is still in development. The analytic plan for ages 2+ is being implemented.
This page will be updated with the draft conclusion once it has been developed. Draft conclusions are not considered final until they have been deliberated with and decided upon by the full Committee and published in the Committee’s report.