How to Obtain CPE Credits
This page includes instructions on how to obtain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for watching the deliberations of the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. You can obtain 1 CPE credit for each hour of viewing the live event.
Step 1: Review the event details.
- Refer to the event details below to review learning objectives to ensure that this activity is appropriate for your professional development goals.
Step 2: Get the meeting links to view the meeting.
- Use this link and register to attend the meeting. You can register to attend either in-person or online.
Step 3: Watch the event.
Step 4: Provide evaluation.
- Provide comments to the Committee and tell us what you learned by submitting a written comment. To submit an electronic comment visit our page on Regulations.gov. Instructions for submitting comments are available on that website. More information about submitting comments can be found on the submit a comment to the Committee page.
- When you submit a comment, please include the words “Continuing Professional Education” credits.
- Do not include personally identifiable information, such as your phone number, street address, or registration number, in the text of your comment.
Step 5: Provide feedback and receive your certificate of completion.
- Please email us at DietaryGuidelines@usda.gov to receive your certificate of completion. When you email us, we will need the following information: 1) your CDR registration number; 2) what meeting you attended; and 3) how many CPE credits you are requesting.
- If you have feedback on the event, please include it in your email. You can also contact the Commission on Dietetic Registration with specific feedback on the quality of this activity.
Please use the links below to learn about the event details for each meeting, including the meeting description, number of Continuing Professional Education credits offered, learning objectives and suggested learning codes and performance indicators.
- Meeting 2: July 10-11, 2019
- Meeting 3: October 24-25, 2019
- Meeting 4: January 23-24, 2020
- Meeting 5: March 12-13, 2020
- Report Meeting: May 11, 2020 (still to come)
Note: USDA did not submit the first meeting of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee for prior approval with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. If you attended the live event (either in-person or by webcast) on March 28-29, 2019, you should save a copy of the agenda for your files and record the number of hours you attended.